The purpose of this project, was to display our knowledge of DNA, mitosis, and meiosis through a movie that our class created. Each of us classmates had our own roles that we had to fulfil for a good outcome. Mine, was an actor, and I talked about these subjects in our movie. As a class, we mostly met the criteria for this movie, except we didn’t have enough time to go through every scene in the movie.
In this project, I personally, felt like I did a good job in memorizing my lines for the movie, and help set up for our exhibition. Overall as a class, we did well in working as a team, and making sure everyone had a job to do. Also, most of the time we were very focused on filming, and tried to finish every scene. Another thing, our class should be proud of is our set up for the exhibition, because with only three days, we transformed our class into a beautiful presentation and a little movie theater.
On a personal level, I was challenged in one scene, when I had multiple and long paragraphs that I needed to memorize. As a class though, we struggled with time management, and assigning jobs in the beginning, because a lot of people were unsure of what they wanted to do. Personally, I could've studied my lines more and as a class, we could’ve cut down the script and focused more on the subjects we were trying to present, since we didn’t have a lot of time. In this project, collaboration looked like discussing and deciding on an idea for our movie, working together to create a beautiful display, and making sure everyone did their part. For instance, I collaborated in this project, by bouncing off of ideas for our exhibition and the movie.
If I could of done this project again, I would of approached collaboration with more of my ideas, instead of letting a few people just take over. There’s nothing that I would actually like to change about the project, except that I wish we had more time to finish every scene.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.